The Struers Prepamatic-2 is a fully automatic microprocessor-controlled system for grinding and polishing of metallographic samples and specimen for the subsequent deposition of coatings. It is equipped with a grinding stone and four grinding/polishing stations. Up to six samples can be mounted in the sample holder and prepared at the same time.
- Fully automatic grinding and polishing machine with grinding stone and four grinding/polishing stations
- Sample holder for up to six samples
The blasting cabinet WIWOX DP14 EU is used for mechanical cleaning of surfaces and for removal of coatings. Dry pressure blasting is done with pressurized air and corundum as blasting medium.
- Dry pressure blasting cabinet
- Size of working space: 1370 x 1000 x 890 mm
- Blasting medium: Korund
- Blasting pressure: up to 8 Pa
The vacuum cold-wall furnace of type HTM-Reetz (“Luzi”) enables vacuum annealing treatments at temperatures of up to 1600°C. The water-cooled vacuum chamber with tungsten heater is loaded from the bottom. The maximum working space is 100 mm in diameter and 150 mm in height. Temperature is controlled by thermocouples, where temperature-time sequences can be programmed via a computer.
- Turbomolecular pumped vacuum cold-wall furnace with tungsten heater
- Maximum temperature: 1600°C
- Size of working space: 100 mm diameter, 150 mm height
- Minimum pressure: 10-7 mbar
- Maximum heating rate: 20 °C/min
- Maximum heating power: 18 kVA